I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Monday, March 10, 2008

a novel sound.


I love all kinds of music. I take this to the extreme.
I love new kinds of music - I thrive off of ingenious novelty when it comes to the arts that I choose to engage, and music is no exception.
I need music that offers something a little different. Genre collaboration - like the invasion of classical in hip hop or acoustic with electronica - is what lures me.

I've been obsessing with this particular group long enough that it has moved from "favorite music du jour" into the realm of legitimate fondness. Out of Oregon and composed of two talented musicians, they define their sound as electroacoustic, experimental and, most intriguingly, "folktronic hop". It is both rhythmic and stimulating, synthesized and organic... here is instrumental music that, through courageously innovative composition, expresses raw emotion and tears at the listener's psyche.

They're called talkdemonic. Listen to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home