facebook doesn't lie
I just heard about a Florida law professor who, on the first day of class, asked each student to read aloud his or her facebook profile. This is a brilliant exercise in gaining the full comprehension of what information you have made public, and to whom. (One unfortunate girl was forced to announce to her entire law-school class (and professor) that her primary interest was "being slutty".)
Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to express yourself exactly as you wish on facebook. Sure, go for it. But be prepared for the repercussions. As long as students can justify "being slutty", "getting shit-faced" or "eating yellow snow" to a reputable professor or future employer, they're doing just fine. The rest of us, though, are left to deliberate between including or eliminating "ice cream sandwiches!" from our profile interests.
(If or when I become a college professor in the near future, I am totally stealing this guy's idea. What better way to weed out the incompetent ones?)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home