I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Update.

One of the greatest struggles in life is being a vegetarian soup-fanatic. It's nearly impossible to indulge in a suitable soup, seeing as how chicken stock is the basic ingredient for almost all recipes (yes, that does include vegetable, minestrone, and broccoli cheddar.) But, ah, finally! I've found the most perfect brand, with every flavor - from "carrot and corriander" to "tomato basil" - absolutely vegetarian. On top of that, the bottles boast simple, healthy ingredient lists that are about 5 words long. Brilliant.

I am quite sensitive to changes in weather and temperature, and my outlook is drastically affected by the sensations I get from my environment. I was a bit apprehensive about coming to London - a city famous for its dreary weather - and approached the first few weeks with hesitation. I've found, though, that the city does indeed embrace the gray skies. The gloomy air simply seeps into the old buildings and bustling streets, drenching them in romance and poetry. The real splendor, though, is in chancing upon that one beautiful morning sky of blue after a week of complex gray ones. It's impossible to fully appreciate the sunshine if you have it every day, but when you stumble upon it, you can truly rejoice in that discovery. It's incredibly uplifting.

Today is one of soup, sunshine, and anticipation (romantic rendezvous at 7:30.)
What more could a girl ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home