I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

retreat and reflection

It’s raining outside and I’m simply sitting here on my bed, indulging in the blandness of melancholy while leaning on a tiring shoulder. My greatest conscious concerns are for my physical lethargy; I'm yearning for that dizzy contentment that I certainly do not know now. The rain is not a spring rain or a summer rain, is certainly not a delightful rain, which falls with big wet warm drops that are spectacular and make you feel timeless and forever beautiful. The rain now is cold, just-before-snow drizzle; a gray mist that inspires me to wrap up in some wonderful sweater from my history; some item from a favorite grandma that I no longer know or perhaps a lover I never lost. I want to lose myself in a rain like this and sink down into my loneliness and feel like I’ll forever be just as I am. Perhaps it is a cuddle rain. Cuddles, though, are not nearly as deep as lonely introspection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home