I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

petty tangent

1::
I want to establish an existence that radiates with the beats of life's fundamental energies, and I want to exude that liveliness in every breath, every word, every action. I want to make decisions based solely on the distinguishment that they either satisfy a) the need to feel good or b) the need to make a statement. Actions should necessarily be derived from an urge to respond to life with positive creativeness, and that desire should be reflected in work, no matter what the medium. It is a critical element of a meaningful existence to partake in the shared consciousness - to engage in and respond to the dialogue of our contemporaries (and those before us whose words may be significant enough to last the test of time.) It is hardly sufficient to merely absorb the words and images that others create. An existence is based on a contribution, and the only way to achieve consistent validation of consciousness is to constantly create your own art, music, or writing.

2::
Outside, the rain drums on the leaves of manicured trees in the lawns of suburbian homes, reclaiming them once again into a world of what is raw and uncultivated, escaping from the oppression that does not kill but forces life into dormancy until the most unpresuming moment, at which precise point it reveals to our civilization the full capacity of its terror - a threat which we misread as beautiful and poetic.

3::
I painted today.
I'm wildly proud of that fact.
(More than I am of the piece.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home