I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Friday, January 05, 2007

...but open-mindedness can only go so far!

Today in the dining hall, I overheard a casual discussion between two friends behind me... It humored me, so I thought it might serve to amuse you too.

A: "There's never anything to eat here."
B: (with startling enthusiasm) "Pitas!"
A: (grimaces at the bread and goes to find something else)
B: (over his shoulder, towards leaving friend) "You have to be open-minded! Pitas are awesome!"

He proceeded to help himself to a pita and then eyed the dishes next to it, which seemed to me to be a vegetable/curry recipe.
B: (wondering aloud) "...but what do we put in them?... vegetarian food?! UGH!"

So, as a very rational solution to his cuisine crisis, he proceeded to top his pita with turkey slices and ranch dressing, calling to his friend with obvious satisfaction, "You can never go wrong with ranch dressing on anything!"

Thank goodnes he didn't contaminate his "diverse palate."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home