Teller Tales
So these two teenage sisters came in today. They had separate transactions, and I overheard the closer one trying to complete hers. She admitted that she didn't know her account number.
The teller said, "Oh, that's okay. Do you know your social security number?"
The girl said that she didn't.
The teller asked, "Do you know your account password?"
The girl looked bewildered. "My what?"
The teller just continued with suggestions, asking, "What about your mom's maiden name?"
At this, the girl turned to her sister at the next teller window and asked, "what's Mom's maiden name?" The equally incompetent sister just shrugged and smiled. (I have to wonder if perhaps Mommy herself doesn't know her maiden name and maybe it's a whole household of ignorance.)
A teenaged guy came in with his Dad wanting to cash his first paycheck. He didn't have an account, so the teller asked for two forms of ID. He provided a school ID and a hunting/fishing license. (Ok, buddy.) She also had him write down some information, including his home address. All was going fine until the kid realized he couldn't spell out his address- he turned to his dad and asked, "How do you spell Littleton?" Dad laughed and acted like his son was a complete moron... until he stuttered with the spelling himself. (So where in Littleton do all you rednecks live?)
A preteen girl came in and asked if we had a coin counter. I smiled and said that we did. She asked, with aprehension, "but, we have like a lot of coins." I laughed and said, "ok, that's fine!" When she then asked for a cart, I realized we weren't talking about a large bag... So I went out to her car with her, where her Mom opened the back door to reveal a seemingly endless number of containers. As I was helping them take all the coins inside, the girl explained that her Grandpa had collected pennies for his entire life (even using them to buy baby furniture for his four daughters when they were infants, back in the day)... Over a half hour later, I had processed nearly $600 of pennies. (Just for clarification, that's about 60,000 coins.) It was (seriously!) probably my favorite transaction of the day.
More later.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home