I'm a college student, full of inspiration and critique.

Monday, March 13, 2006

New Quarter

This week starts DU's spring quarter and thus the next ten weeks of classes.

I'm taking an English grammar course, a course on interpretation theory, a foundation business course and a gender/women's studies course. Just a reminder to all of you and myself, I'm a business major. I just have a passion for the English language and social issues. So I'm going into economics or something. It makes sense to me.

Anyway, my grammar professor is about 80 years old and walks as though she has a club foot. She's one of those scarily skinny old women with seemingly toothpick bones, and seeing her walk around the room makes me a little nervous. She also has the expected "old" voice to match, which makes simply listening to her equally unnerving. I'm actually excited for the course, however, because I see it as my initiation into Grammar Nazism and the old woman is actually quite funny, in a nostalgic sort of way.

I haven't met my other instructors yet but intend to make judgments on them as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home